Though most people of a witchy persuasion time things by moon phases, solstices, and equinoxes, other days can have power, too. If you’re making a list of resolutions for the new year, consider using this super simple spell to set your intentions and give them some added oomph!
You will need:
- A piece of paper, parchment, or several bay leaves.
- A pen.
- A crystal tower, generator, or small glass bowl of tumbled clear quartz stones. (If you choose a tower or generator, pick one made from a stone that matches your intentions.)
- Small stone chips or tumbled stones that suit your intention.
- Dried herbs and flowers that suit your intention.
- A white candle.
- A small cloth bag.
- Write your resolutions or intentions for the new year on the paper, parchment, or bay leaves (use one leaf per intention).
- Place them under the tower, generator, or glass bowl. If you have any thunder water or water charged under a full moon available, carefully pour it into the bowl.
- Ring the tower, generator, or bowl with the smaller stones. Form a ring of the herbs and flowers just outside of that.
- Light the candle.
- Sit back and meditate on what you hope to achieve. Picture energy coming up from the earth and down to the sky, channeled into the objects in front of you. Imagine yourself meeting your goals and manifesting your desires. If you have any revelations about your goals during this meditation, write them down.
- Place the dried herbs, small stones, and paper into the bag. Keep it in a safe place, but avoid putting it where it (and your resolutions!) can easily be forgotten. Periodically hold the bag, channel energy into it, and meditate on achieving your goals.
Happy New Year!